Legal Issues 2022
Date: Tuesday, May 10, 2022
Time: Sign in begins at 8:30 AM Wrap up 11:00 AM
Hosted: HIBster-The Electronic Solution to Bullying
NO REGISTRATION FEE
This event is supported by Dynasty Financial Solutions–Ameriprise/ HIBster/ First Choice Federal Credit Union
This event is designed to meet the needs of Counselors, Administrators, Teachers, Students, College Professors, School Safety Personnel, Solicitors and everyone who is interested in students being successful.
PART 1: A Town Hall Meeting with Bernie Hoffman
Bernard G Hoffman (Bernie) has been an educator since 1958. He has served as a teacher, Principal, Assistant Superintendent, Deputy Superintendent and a Superintendent as well as a consultant to many states and federal governments on educational risk issues. He has presented in over two thousand educational institutions including public, parochial and private schools in most areas of the country. He has served as a consultant to numerous law and educational agencies. He has trained numerous groups concerning at risk students as well as disruptive adults. His articles and publications are often requested.
Points for discussion:
- The need for policies, procedures and guidelines for dealing with disruptive students as well as parents during the school day.
- The need for policies, procedures and guidelines for the participation of individuals who may be disruptive students, parents or other adults at public Board meetings or at work sessions, committee meetings or school events.
- The possibility of banning an individual parent or protesters from schools or school grounds.
- Disciplinary action and extent on and off school grounds on school days as well as actions taken on non-school days.
PART 2: A Presentation
EDS/HIBster–The Electronic Solution to Bullying Jim Budzilek Dir of Education, email@example.com or 724-272-1992
Jim Budzilek, Ed.D.
- Science teacher/Asst. Principal – Knoch MS/HS
- Supt. Leechburg Area School District
- Supt. Mars Area School District
- Director of Education for Educational Development Software
The major points to be covered with this presentation:
- Reinforce the need for schools to document HIB (harassment, intimidation and bullying) incidents
- What should be documented
- How can schools document these incidents
- Reports/professional development for students/staff/parents
- Next steps for the victim and offender
PART 3: A Focus Group: Parents/ Solicitor/Community Leaders/Superintendent
Participants are encouraged to submit questions in advance. Questions must be submitted no later than April 29. Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org By submitting questions you will help design the agenda. We want to meet your needs.
If you have difficulty registering on line simply answer the questions and email them to email@example.com or call Herb Hunt at 724.494.0968 Register early the number of participants may be limited. You will be notified that your registration has been received.
This is a timely topic and is designed to be participant friendly. One of the goals of all events is to “Build Partnerships for Student Success”.